GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
aghamiri

Can SWMM routing the Channel inside a basin ?

aghamiri    0

By Rational Method we can build hydrologic Basin and compute subbasin flow as well  SWMM  can run the flow through the Storm Drain and watch the routing in channels .

1) can we route channel inside a Basin?

2) can we use Rational Method without define outlet point(point)  ? can we identify the channel ( Arc ) as output of basin ?

Edited by aghamiri

I'm not a SWMM expert, but there is no way to handle channel routing inside a basin that I can think of.  When using the interface in WMS, I think you need an outlet point to build your model and export it to the SWMM model.

aghamiri    0

I think so .we can't create an SWMM model without links and nodes.both of them is necessary.

Regards,

image006.gif

aghamiri    0

SWMM  manual say's that: An idealized sub catchment is conceptualized as a rectangular surface that has a uniform slope and a width W that drains to a single outlet channel.Each sub catchment can be further divided into three sub areas: an impervious area with depression (detention) storage, an impervious area without depression storage and a pervious area with depression storage. Only the latter area allows for rainfall losses due to infiltration into the soil.

SWMM claims that visualize the sub-basin as v-shape basin but can't model an idealized sub-basin simply.

I am searching a method to define an idealized sub-basin. I will find it ... I know.

Regards