GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
aghamiri

Creat Model of Exprimental Watershed(chow 1974)

aghamiri    0

How Can we Install a Model Of Exprimental Watershed system in WMS  generally? 

in Tutorials we must import a TIN Map in the  beginning . Can  I simulate without TIN MAP and import elevation manually?

How can we Repeat  continuous The Run of Model and export the Results neat ?

Can We Programming in WMS  enviroment  with C# and circulate model in a loop ?

BEST REGARDS,

2.JPG

1.JPG

Edited by aghamiri

Aghamiri,

I'm not sure I completely understand your questions.  But it seems that you're asking a couple of things:

1. Do I have to have a TIN or DEM to build a WMS model?

No, you can build a model with or without elevation data.  There are tutorials describing how to model a watershed using feature objects (the title of this tutorial is "Advanced Feature Objects" on our learning center) and you can build a hydrologic tree manually in the Hydrologic Modeling module of WMS by just selecting options to add outlets or basins and then defining the data for these outlets and basins.

2. Can I automate hydrologic model runs using a script or some programming language?

No, this capability does not currently exist in WMS.  There are commands in WMS (the "Stochastic Modeling" commands) to automate several hydrologic runs, but there is no way to control WMS using an external script.

Hope this helps,

Chris

aghamiri    0

Thanks Chris ,

your answers was helpful

In the"  WMS Tutorial> Storm Drain Modeling-SWMM modeling " assumed that  the TC values have already been  calculated  for this exercise  . Do you know TC calculated with which formula ? Kerpich or Kerby or any other formula !

what TC computation formula is appropriate for Rational method ?

Best Regards ,

Edited by aghamiri

aghamiri    0

I looked on tutorials and have created my simple Experimental  Watershed as well as demonstrated in Attach file  moreover  I defined a TIN with XYZ survey point and triangulate it.

But the message in the result shows that I need a DEM to generate max flow.

Is this message a default Error ?Can I ignore this message and go on?

Capture233.JPG

Edited by aghamiri

On 9/8/2017 at 1:21 AM, aghamiri said:

Thanks Chris ,

your answers was helpful

In the"  WMS Tutorial> Storm Drain Modeling-SWMM modeling " assumed that  the TC values have already been  calculated  for this exercise  . Do you know TC calculated with which formula ? Kerpich or Kerby or any other formula !

what TC computation formula is appropriate for Rational method ?

Best Regards ,

The most accepted way of computing the Tc for use with the Rational method is a method where you define the longest flow path in your basin and then divide your flow path into 3 separate equations: one segment for sheet flow (usually about the first 30 meters or so) one segment for shallow concentrated flow (where the flow does not combine into a channel) and one segment for channel flow.  That's probably what was used to compute the Tc values in that tutorial.

There's a tutorial called "Time of Concentration Calculations and Computing a Composite CN" that should help you with computing a Tc using this method.

Hope this helps,

Chris

On 9/8/2017 at 11:38 AM, aghamiri said:

I looked on tutorials and have created my simple Experimental  Watershed as well as demonstrated in Attach file  moreover  I defined a TIN with XYZ survey point and triangulate it.

But the message in the result shows that I need a DEM to generate max flow.

Is this message a default Error ?Can I ignore this message and go on?

Capture233.JPG

Are you delineating the watershed using a TIN?  This option is not recommended and is not really tested anymore, so it is not supported.  The error message means you can't create a max flow distance arc for your watershed without a DEM.  If you don't need this max flow distance arc for computing Tc, you should be OK.

aghamiri    0

Thank Chris,

I was trying WMS to modeling an Idealized watershed in last week. I found out many points and your helping was relatively successful. but I still could not model it. because is very simple and tiny and sensitively.

i'm here to continue and try more and more.

thank a lot,

Best Regards,