GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
khaled_haider

Index is out of range

Hello friend,

Do anyone know the cause of the error message: Index is out of range . This happens usually when i convert my conceptual model to MODFLOW. My model is relatively big one. it consists of 5 layers with about 55000 active cells. The maximum number of stress period, which I can define is 27. If I try to increase the Stress periods number I get this error message. is there a limitation for the Stress periods number depending on the number of active cells or the complexity of conceptual model.  

Thanks

Index is out of range.jpg

Sounds like it could be a bug that is specific to your model. Contact support@aquaveo.com so that we can take a look.

On 8/22/2017 at 0:01 PM, khaled_haider said:

Hello friend,

Do anyone know the cause of the error message: Index is out of range . This happens usually when i convert my conceptual model to MODFLOW. My model is relatively big one. it consists of 5 layers with about 55000 active cells. The maximum number of stress period, which I can define is 27. If I try to increase the Stress periods number I get this error message. is there a limitation for the Stress periods number depending on the number of active cells or the complexity of conceptual model.  

Thanks

Index is out of range.jpg

Khaled, 

We noticed that you did not contact Technical Support with respect to this issue you were having. Were you able to resolve the problem? If not we invite you to contact Technical Support at support@aquaveo.com to try and resolve the problem. We would be interested in getting a copy of your files which you are able to replicate the error message with so that we can investigate the cause.

I have had a similar error return when mapping coverages to MODFLOW.  I'm waiting for technical support to reply, but it is an error that takes a while to reproduce due to the large model.

This issue was related to recharge in very large models. It has been resolved and should be in the next update of GMS 10.3.