1 post in this topic

Hello to everybody!!

I am using T-PROGS to try to simulate a complicated geological situation within a context of outwash glacial deposit, with silt clay with intercalations of sand lenses. I have some boreholes with information but in some cases distance between wells for a valid correlation are too far (ca 500m) therefore i was advised to use T-PROGS which seems to be perfect for problems of horizontal correlation.

main groundwater flow from N to south (Y+ to Y-), distance along the groundwater flow between wells is from 50m to 450m,  but i am having some issues:

1- while deciding the lag distances (strike(x) Markov chain) i would like to know what could be useful to put as max lag distance?? because i have no way to see if the values i am using are valid or not, only until the end of the whole flow model of mod flow

2- in the same manner while putting the lag distance of Y (dip (y) Markov chain) can anyone shed some light here PLEASE

3- besides, while creating the grid  and the successive T-PROGS for the unconfined aquifers i want to have different materials within the same layer is this possible with the HUF, to avoid dry cells.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND REPLIES

ALEXANDER