GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Selim

Interpretation of SEEP2D histograms

Selim    0

Hello,

I am currently modeling slurry trench simulation via SEEP2D. I obtained some histograms from software but actually I do not understand how should I can interpret about histogram results. I added histograms below. Also, in Y axis is total head or flowline or flowrate etc. but X axis is Frequency. The condition is steady state which means time accepted 1.0. So, what is the X axis (Frequency) unit? In addition, may I change Frequency in X axis instead of other type value? Thank you for your answers.

Gradient Mag.jpg

Pore Pressure.jpg

Pressure Head.jpg

tot.jpg

Total Head.jpg

Edited by Selim

Selim    0

Nobody do not know the meaning of histograms?

Alan Lemon    3

Can you tell us how you created these plots? What commands did you make in GMS to create them. It is not clear to me what you are looking at or trying to do.

Selim    0

I obtain this plot directly from software. After I started to run the SEEP2D, in project area, under the 2D Mesh Data has total head, gradient_mag, flowline, flowrate, pressure head, pore pressure etc. When I double clicked this tools, dataset info wizard came and after the double clicked on the 'Active time step histogram', I can see this histograms for each one. I don't understand how should I commend this histograms, what are the meaning etc.

Untitled1.jpg

Edited by Selim

Alan Lemon    3

The plot tells you information about the dataset. The histogram tells you the number of values in the data set within different ranges. I personally don't fine the histograms terribly helpful when doing a seepage problem. I look at contours and values on the mesh itself.

Selim    0

Thank you for your response. Actually I did it same way, I was looking at contour and values too but I confused when I saw the histograms. May I find any article or document about the interpretations of contours and values? It would be helpful to my study.