Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Petra Furychova

Export ID of nodes from river coverage to shapefile

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am struggling with exporting the river coverage to shapefile - mainly I want to export the nodes with its ID and the head stages to shapefile 

I do it in standard way: Export Coverage  - and choosing the .shp extension. Then I can export arcs and point file (polygon no as my coverage doesnt contain any polygons). The shp with arcs is exported without any problem, but what I am mainly interested is the shapefile with points. That is created but it doesn' t contain any data. (it contains  just the names of attributes, but under that novalue).

Is there any problem? According to gms wiki, should be possible to export head stages of rivers.

My aim is to export GMS ID of nodes of the coverage (to have the information of X, Y coordinate and GMS ID), so I thought  exporting to shapefile would be the easiest way. Is there any other possibility how to export ID of the Nodes with its XY coordinates from coverage to some format that can be then easilly processed (e.g excel,?)

Thank you for any advice     (I am using GMS 10.1.05)

Petra

The way it currently works is as intended. For shapefiles, exported points are those that aren't associated with an arc. Nodes are exported with the arcs. It is possible to get at the X, Y, and Z values along with stage and elevation by right clicking on the coverage, selecting Attribute Table, changing the Feature type to Nodes and then turning on Show coordinates. Then the X, Y, and Z values could be copied along with stage and elevation by clicking in a cell and typing control-A to select all, and control-C to copy.