GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geomodeler

MODPATH crashes

Hi,

I am encountering a problem where the GMS interface crashes when I select "Create particles at selected cells" from the MODPATH menu after selecting a few cells in the MODFLOW model.  I've tried this with several different models, both transient and steady state, with the same results.  There don't seem to be any error messages or evidence of why the interface fails when this option is selected.  I am using GMS 10.2.2 64-bit with modpath5_0_h5.exe.  Any suggestions on how to debug?

Thanks!

Edited by geomodeler
added GMS program version

This happened to me as well. My understanding is that this takes up lots of RAM if you create a large number of particles. I would start with total of 20 or 30 particles for entire simulation and increase gradually. That worked for me.

Thanks for the reply, Lalith.  I am only using a handful of cells for testing purposes and have 24GB ram.  Observing the system resource usage indicates that RAM isn't the limiting factor here.

Sounds like it may be a bug with your particular model in GMS. Contact support@aquaveo.com so we can get this resolved.