GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
bart1nic

SRH2D Pre Error

bart1nic    0

I went back to a model that I hadn't worked on in 9 months or so.  Everything seems to be set-up ok (bc reasonable, mesh, etc), but I keep getting the run error message that the srh_pre-v30.....exe file is unknown (see attached screen shot).  Which I thought might mean the program can't find the executable. But when I go to preferences, it is pointing to the right folder and executable. 

Is running from a previous version a problem?  Thoughts?

srh_pre_error.jpg

preferences.jpg

Hello.  The SRH-2D simulation should be able to run from a previous project. 

The "sof.dat" file created by SRH-Pre will contain all the input that was processed by SRH-Pre.  Looking at it or stepping through the SRH-Pre run in partial mode can give greater insight about what is not working.

Another option would be to make sure you have exported the SRH input files again.  That would replace all the input you have so you may want to save them for forensic reasons.

Finally, if you submit your data files to the Aquaveo tech support group, we can evaluate the project to see what is wrong.

bart1nic    0

I reviewed the sof.dat file, and it just ends after running through the manning's n file, right when it should be reading the boundary condition info.  I  have tried relinking, recreating, etc the boundary conditions (multiple times), but I keep getting this error message.  It is like it can't "find" the boundary conditions.  Should you need to recreate the BC coverage every time? 

Where did your SOF file come from?  Was it created when you launched SRH from inside of SMS?

Which version of SMS are you using?  SMS 11 used what SRH referred to as the "Full" interface.  SMS 12 uses what SRH refers to as the "Custom" interface.

If SMS 12.1 or SMS 12.2 are creating an incomplete SOF file, I would be very interested in getting the data files and resolving this issue as a bug.

bart1nic    0

I'm running 12.1.2.  The sof file was created when I launched SRH from inside of SMS.  What is even more strange, is that I ran this model on Friday, and it worked.  I made some changes to my mesh, regenerated the mesh, and then tried to run it again - with the same BC coverage.  Maybe this particular model is getting hung-up somehow?  Attached is the sof file from the recent run(s), and the one from this weekend that ran successfully.  I did send an email to support with this info as well.  Thanks!

100yr_SOF.dat

100_SOF - Copy.dat