satish.laveti

Problem with Legend in GMS 6.5

6 posts in this topic

Sir,

I am using GMS MODFLOW 6.5 in my laptop (windows 7, 64-bit) . And I am very new to GMS Modflow. I am facing the problem in reading the script in contour legends, name of bore holes. Here, I am attaching those snap shots for your reference (Unreadable script is marked with red color marks). What could be the problem and how can I resolve this. Please help me sir. 

Example1.PNG

Example2.PNG

Edited by satish.laveti

This is an old font library issue.  Off the top of my head, I don't recall the fix, but if no one else chimes in, I'll look into it a bit more to see how it was resolved.

12 hours ago, Sean Czarniecki said:

This is an old font library issue.  Off the top of my head, I don't recall the fix, but if no one else chimes in, I'll look into it a bit more to see how it was resolved.

Thanks for your kind response sir. Hope I can get some solution from this post

I do recall that by loading/running GMS on a different computer, the issue was resolved for me (I think it was a newer computer which had the font that the program was looking for).  If it can't find the font it needs, I think it just grabbed WingDings (which is why you get symbols instead of letters).  I'm pretty sure that they took care of the issue in the later versions, so I'm not sure if you will get this resolved.  Now, you seem to have a newer system, so I'm not sure if anything can be done besides you just upgrading to a newer version.

Hi Satish,

This is an issue I've seen when trying to use an old version of GMS with incompatible newer operating systems. As this page says, GMS only began supporting Windows 7 starting with GMS 7.0. So you can either switch to a computer with an older operating system or update your license to run a new version of GMS by contacting sales@aquaveo.com. Good luck!

Edited by Dillon

15 hours ago, Dillon said:

Hi Satish,

This is an issue I've seen when trying to use an old version of GMS with incompatible newer operating systems. As this page says, GMS only began supporting Windows 7 starting with GMS 7.0. So you can either switch to a computer with an older operating system or update your license to run a new version of GMS by contacting sales@aquaveo.com. Good luck!

Thank you so much sir for your kind reply. Your post helped me in understanding the problem. Thanks a lot.

Edited by satish.laveti