GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jsopelana

HEC-RAS RESULTS

Hi!

Im working with WMS8.0 and HEC-RAS, and when i tried to read the HEC_RAS solution apear a window in the screen that says: "Did not create the RAS server, is HEC RAS loaded on your machine?."

I dont know why it happen because I install HEC RAS in my computer, even i open it.

Could anyone help me. Thanks.

Javi

You will want to make sure that HEC-RAS is open and running on your machine when you read the solution into WMS 8.0. It is also good to have the HEC-RAS project open inside of HEC-RAS. What version of HEC-RAS are you running? What is the build date on WMS 8.0 (Help | About menu command)?

Marcus

Hi Marcus!

This is Javi from Spain, Do you remember me from the last trainig course in Orlando!

You will want to make sure that HEC-RAS is open and running on your machine when you read the solution into WMS 8.0.

I did it.

It is also good to have the HEC-RAS project open inside of HEC-RAS. What version of HEC-RAS are you running?

I tried with HEC-RAS 3.1.1 and even i install HEC-RAS 4.0, just to try, and happen the same :(

What is the build date on WMS 8.0 (Help | About menu command)?

Oct 15 2007

Greatins for Rusty.

Hope to see you guys soon in another course. :lol:

Hi Marcus!

This is Javi from Spain, Do you remember me from the last trainig course in Orlando!

You will want to make sure that HEC-RAS is open and running on your machine when you read the solution into WMS 8.0.

I did it.

It is also good to have the HEC-RAS project open inside of HEC-RAS. What version of HEC-RAS are you running?

I tried with HEC-RAS 3.1.1 and even i install HEC-RAS 4.0, just to try, and happen the same :(

What is the build date on WMS 8.0 (Help | About menu command)?

Oct 15 2007

Greatins for Rusty.

Hope to see you guys soon in another course. :lol:

I think WMS 8.0 is meant to work with HEC-RAS 3.1.3. Try downloading that version. HEC-RAS 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 worked with WMS 7.1 and HEC-RAS 4.0 (or at least the beta verstion) works with WMS 8.1. Also, you have an old build of WMS. To update to the latest build, go to www.ems-i.com, select the download link, login (you may need to create a new account), scroll down to WMS Downloads, and select the WMS 8.0 Executable Update. Restart your computer after the installation.