GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Shayan Shafiq

Can't assign Recharge conc. of the species in MT3DMS

Even after toggling on the Recharge Conc. option in 'Areal Properties' in the Coverage setup, I can't find the same option while trying to assign the recharge conc. after selecting a polygon. Please help.

MT3DMS prob1.PNG

MT3DMS prob2.PNG

Yes. I did initiate that first of all. Then in the Basic Transport Package, defined
the species, set ouput control, selected the packages and defined the stress
periods. However, when I go to the 'Conceptual Model Properties' dialog by
double-clicking on the Model in the Project Explorer, and then define the species
using the option available there, the 'Recharge Conc.' option shows up in the
Polygon Properties dialog. But, in that case, arises another problem. GMS goes off and a 'Bug Information' dialog is displayed.

Bug.PNG

Okay - for your Conceptual Model, right mouse click on it and go to properties.  I'm sure you already clicked on transport being included, but you also need to click the button for define species and than add a new species.  I just did that and the recharge concentration came up for my polygon.

Yes it shows up that way. I already stated that. But after that, when I go to the Feature Objects to choose MAP->MT3D layers, this Bug error dialog is displayed, the image I just uploaded in the last post.

Edited by Shayan Shafiq

Sorry - I think the developers may have to look at your files.  The only thing I can come up with is that you are trying to map to some cells which aren't active for transport, thereby causing an error/crash.