GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Rita

MOD Clark method

Hello!

I´m trying to made a tutorial of HMS MOD Clark ...I want learn how to use WMS to create MOD Clark data set...but I have a problem..when I open the file created with WMS in HMS and run the simulation..the program said:

ERROR 20128: No gridded precipitation records could be found in file "null".

What is the form to introduce in WMS precipitation grid from XY series?

Is it possible?

Thanks

Congratulations for the forum!

Hello!

I´m trying to made a tutorial of HMS MOD Clark ...I want learn how to use WMS to create MOD Clark data set...but I have a problem..when I open the file created with WMS in HMS and run the simulation..the program said:

ERROR 20128: No gridded precipitation records could be found in file "null".

What is the form to introduce in WMS precipitation grid from XY series?

Is it possible?

Thanks

Congratulations for the forum!

What version of WMS are you using?

WMS 8.1 and WMS 8.0...

I have two resources that might help you. One is a WMS 8.0 MOD Clark tutorial. We don't distribute this with all the other tutorials, but I tested it just now and it seemed to work fine for me. We also have a WMS 8.1 MOD Clark tutorial that should be done by the end of the day. We WILL distribute this with the regular 8.1 tutorials, but it will be a few weeks before a new WMS 8.1 update containing the tutorial doc and the associated tutorial files is available. Even without the tutorial files you should be able to get a MOD Clark model running in HMS using either tutorial. I'll put both those resources on an ftp site for you by the end of the day. As soon as that happens, I'll send you the link to where you can find them.

I hope this helps.

Clark

I have two resources that might help you. One is a WMS 8.0 MOD Clark tutorial. We don't distribute this with all the other tutorials, but I tested it just now and it seemed to work fine for me. We also have a WMS 8.1 MOD Clark tutorial that should be done by the end of the day. We WILL distribute this with the regular 8.1 tutorials, but it will be a few weeks before a new WMS 8.1 update containing the tutorial doc and the associated tutorial files is available. Even without the tutorial files you should be able to get a MOD Clark model running in HMS using either tutorial. I'll put both those resources on an ftp site for you by the end of the day. As soon as that happens, I'll send you the link to where you can find them.

I hope this helps.

Clark

Thanks Clark!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks Clark!!!!!! :lol:

Rita,

It may take just a little bit longer. I've been testing the WMS 8.1 tutorials and I ran into a few bugs. I'll keep you posted.

Clark

Rita,

It may take just a little bit longer. I've been testing the WMS 8.1 tutorials and I ran into a few bugs. I'll keep you posted.

Clark

Ok Clark thanks again!!

Ok Clark thanks again!!

Rita,

Here's a link to the two tutorials. The WMS 8.0 tutorial contains a single tutorial for MODClark. The WMS 8.1 tutorial contains four sections. The first one was written for MODClark, and the others demonstrate other spatial modeling techniques, using both HEC-HMS and GSSHA. The 8.1 tutorials are still under development but even in their development form, they should certainly help you set up a MODClark model.

WMS 8.0 Tutorial: ftp://sftp.aquaveo.com/download/MODClark/...ktutorial80.pdf

WMS 8.1 Tutorial: ftp://sftp.aquaveo.com/download/MODClark/Tutor81_Vol_VI.pdf

Edited by cbarlow

Rita,

Here's a link to the two tutorials. The WMS 8.0 tutorial contains a single tutorial for MODClark. The WMS 8.1 tutorial contains four sections. The first one was written for MODClark, and the others demonstrate other spatial modeling techniques, using both HEC-HMS and GSSHA. The 8.1 tutorials are still under development but even in their development form, they should certainly help you set up a MODClark model.

WMS 8.0 Tutorial: ftp://sftp.aquaveo.com/download/MODClark/...ktutorial80.pdf

WMS 8.1 Tutorial: ftp://sftp.aquaveo.com/download/MODClark/Tutor81_Vol_VI.pdf

Thanks Clark!

Can you give me the data to try with the tutorial of WMS 8.1?

I have the data of tutorial WMS 8.0...but I have the same problem...

I try with my data with WMS 8.1 and I have the same problem...

Other cuestion is possible use rainfall gridded or only can use xy series data to introduce the rain to ModClark?

Bye

Rita

Edited by Rita

Thanks Clark!

Can you give me the data to try with the tutorial of WMS 8.1?

I have the data of tutorial WMS 8.0...but I have the same problem...

I try with my data with WMS 8.1 and I have the same problem...

Other cuestion is possible use rainfall gridded or only can use xy series data to introduce the rain to ModClark?

Bye

Rita

Here's the data for the 8.1 tutorials:

ftp://sftp.aquaveo.com/download/MODClark/spatial.zip

You should be able to use either gridded rainfall or a user specified hyetograph, whichever you prefer.

Clark

Thanks Clark

Hello Clark

All was good!! :lol:

One thing more...when I use the gridded rainfall in ModClark...the time interval is 1 hour...if I want use, for example, 15 minutes ..this is possible?

And is possible use gridded rainfall in UTM coordinates?

Thanks again

Hello Clark

All was good!! :lol:

One thing more...when I use the gridded rainfall in ModClark...the time interval is 1 hour...if I want use, for example, 15 minutes ..this is possible?

And is possible use gridded rainfall in UTM coordinates?

Thanks again

Rita,

You should be able to use any time interval and any coordinate system you choose. The NEXRAD radar grids we use in the tutorials were collected at 1 hour time intervals (the date and time of the rainfall reading is shown in the filename), that's why we specified 1 hour. If you were creating a grid from a user specified hyetograph, or you had radar grids at different time intervals, you could certainly adjust the time interval to suit your needs.

Clark

Oscar,

You're right. The link has changed. Here's the new link:

WMS 8.0 MODClark Tutorial: ftp://pubftp.aquaveo.com/download/MODClar...ktutorial80.pdf

Also, we now distribute a new MODClark Tutorial with the installation of WMS 8.1 and later. If you install WMS in the default directory, you can find the tutorial at C:\Program Files\WMS 8.1\WMS Docs\Tutor81_Vol_VI.pdf

I hope this helps. Good luck!

-Clark