Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saubhagya Singh

Toe position of isochlors in SEAWAT

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to export toe position for each time step, for a particular isochlor while modelling seawater intrusion using SEAWAT?

Thanks

Saubhagya

Is it the contour that you want exported? I am not completely clear on "toe positiion".

Hi Alan,

Toe position would be the x-coordinate of point where a particular concentration contour (iso-chlor) would meet the base of the aquifer.

Thanks

No feature currently exists to do this. Perhaps you could export the data set to a text format and then determine which cell contains the toe for each time step using python or vb.

Yes, that should work. Thank you very much Alan for the suggestion.

Regards

Saubhagya

Good Morning,

I tried doing this but couldn't find the right file to do this? Basically the task for me would be to find the location of cell with a specific concentration in the lower most layer of the aquifer, at each timestep. So the file having data of concentration in each cells at each timestep should work for me.

Thank You

Saubhagya

or I think, even exporting a particular contour line should also work for me. Is it possible?

If you right click on the concentration data set and select Export. Then choose ASCII data set file as the type. This will create a text file where you can see the values and you could create a script to process the file as you have described previously.