GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy

What does this Error message mean?

I run a Modflow model but  I get a strange error message. Can anyone explain to me what does it mean?

error message

Please note the model is simple, and forward. No calibration or pilot points included.

Thanks

Edited by speedy

MODFLOW is looking for an array that is in the *.h5 file. Have you manually edited the MODFLOW simulation or moved it to a different location? If not then go into the parameters dialog and go into the pilot point options and verify that they are correctly set. Then resave the model and see if that fixes the problem.

2 hours ago, Alan Lemon said:

MODFLOW is looking for an array that is in the *.h5 file. Have you manually edited the MODFLOW simulation or moved it to a different location? If not then go into the parameters dialog and go into the pilot point options and verify that they are correctly set. Then resave the model and see if that fixes the problem.

As I mentioned in my OP, the model is forward. No calibration and no pilot points. I suspect this is a bug in the software as I have not manually edited the file.

Interesting.

You do not have any pilot point parameters? It should only be looking for those arrays with pilot points. You can use pilot points even with a forward run.

contact support@aquaveo.com and we will get your files and take a look.

I could get around this problem by starting a new model from scratch, copying all input data from the old model using the spreadsheet editor of the GUI and making some editing in the native Modflow files.

Surprisingly, it works with no errors.