GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Cavalera

Export Cell by Cell flow files

Hi everyody,

I work with GMS 10.1.

I need to export the information of flows of a steady state model realised on Modflow 2005 with GMS.

Is there a way to recuperate a file in ASCII form (or equivalent) with flow values of every faces of the mesh's of the grid ?

Thanks for your help

Edited by Cavalera

I've tried this method but two problems:

- my model is too big (1 584 800 cells), I cannot use the copy/paste function (GMS stall...)

- I need to have the flows of every faces of the cells and not of the center of cells

I've tried also the function CCF>Datasets but it's only gave me flows of Right, Front and Lower faces.

Do you have any other suggestions ?

The flows on the Right, Front, Lower will give you all of the information that you need. The flow on the right face is the flow on the left face of the adjacent cell and so on.

You absolutly right Alan.Thanks

Now I was wondering if there is a way to export the information of the ccf file in a shapefile format to visualize it in a GIS application ?

Cause when we do the " Export the 3d Grid" into a shapefile we not have all the information (like flows, river leakage...).

So if you convert the CCF to data sets and then use the export grid to shape file there is an option export all data sets. This will export the Right, Front, Lower, Wells, Drain...

Great ! It works !

When I open the shapefile on QGIS I have numerous column with the label "parameter"+A. For example after the "FLOWFRONT" column there is  a "FLOWFRONA" column .

Can you tell what is it ?

This is the activity value for the FLOWFRONT data set. Anywhere the value is 0 the cell is inactive. You can use those values in a defquery to hide inactive cells.