GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rianne

Making solids with GIS layers and boreholes

Hi,

I have a model where the solids are not really in detail. Because of this I want to make the solids  in more detail, in the middle of the model. For this I use new boreholes. I want to interpolate these new boreholes with the GIS layers, I already have. When I use the raster catalog to make the new solids, the interpolation is a bit strange. Is there an other way to make this interpolation or what can causes this incorrect interpolation?

Rianne

You may find this Working With Borehole Data video helpful as well as the Borehole and Cross Sections Tutorial (PDF here and Zip Data here). You may also wish to check out our help page on GMS Interpolation and the T-PROGS method to understand how GMS uses borehole data for interpolation and the other interpolation methods as well as maybe figure out what may have gone wrong. The help page on Horizons to Solids discusses the Raster Catalog and the Borehole Interpolations Methods, and may also provide some helpful insight. Let us know if after running through the video and PDF tutorials and reading through the help pages linked and trying some ideas you found there if your interpolations still seems strange since it's hard to know what's happening without actually seeing your model.

Hi,

Thanks for you respond. I have solve the problem. I have make to separate solids and make it one unit when I made the grid. It is not the most properly method but it works.

Thanks a lot!