Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sergio76

Neighbor file PTM module

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm using PTM module to simulate a sediment spill with a source point; according to what I read in "ERDC TN-DOER-D6 July 2005" I've set the parametres but when I try to start the simulation I obtain ad error message concerning the missing of the neighbor file.

I've tried to browse but I've not such type of file.

Must I build this file? In which way?

Thanks.

Edited by sergio76

Hi,

I'm using PTM module to simulate a sediment spill with a source point; according to what I read in "ERDC TN-DOER-D6 July 2005" I've set the parametres but when I try to start the simulation I obtain ad error message concerning the missing of the neighbor file.

I've tried to browse but I've not such type of file.

Must I build this file? In which way?

Thanks.

Ok, I think I've resolved by modifing the file *pcf and adding the line with a *neighbors file name. Then running the program it has created that file.

By the way I've not understood why the program has not automatically created the file. Could it be a bug?

You must supply a file name for the neighbor file in the PCF File. When PTM runs, if the file already exists, it will be used. If the file does not exist, PTM will create a neighbor file using the name you specified in the PCF file.

Use the keyword :NEIGHBOR_FILE to specify the file name in the pcf file as follows:

:NEIGHBOR_FILE estuary.neighbors

If you are using SMS 10.0, the model checker should warn you of this issue.

You must supply a file name for the neighbor file in the PCF File. When PTM runs, if the file already exists, it will be used. If the file does not exist, PTM will create a neighbor file using the name you specified in the PCF file.

Use the keyword :NEIGHBOR_FILE to specify the file name in the pcf file as follows:

:NEIGHBOR_FILE estuary.neighbors

If you are using SMS 10.0, the model checker should warn you of this issue.

Thank you John

It is what I've done. The problem was that I did not find any document in which was specified that.

The version of the program is 9.2.