GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
dkb

HEC-HMS doesn't save information

I'm using HEC-HMS 3.2 and want to calculate a prec.-runoff model. I'm using the Kinematic Wave methode for the subbasin runoff. After I type the Loss parameters for plane 1 and 2 and press SAVE, everything is saved. But as soon as I close the file and open it again the values for canopy storage (MM) and canopy (%) are missing for Loss 2.

I checked the files with a text editor and the information is present. Further, I started a new model from scratch and the same things happen.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

I'm using HEC-HMS 3.2 and want to calculate a prec.-runoff model. I'm using the Kinematic Wave methode for the subbasin runoff. After I type the Loss parameters for plane 1 and 2 and press SAVE, everything is saved. But as soon as I close the file and open it again the values for canopy storage (MM) and canopy (%) are missing for Loss 2.

I checked the files with a text editor and the information is present. Further, I started a new model from scratch and the same things happen.

Are you setting up a HEC-HMS model in WMS, or are you setting up your model from within HMS? If you're using WMS, what version are you using?

Clark

I'm just using Hec-Hms 3.2 and nothing else.

one basin modell with up to 6 subbasins (transform method: kinematic wave)

one met modell with prec. and evapo (specif. hyetograph and monthly average)

one control (25 years)

and prec. gages (as many as subbasins)

I'm just using Hec-Hms 3.2 and nothing else.

one basin modell with up to 6 subbasins (transform method: kinematic wave)

one met modell with prec. and evapo (specif. hyetograph and monthly average)

one control (25 years)

and prec. gages (as many as subbasins)

I could help you with setting up a HEC-HMS model in WMS, but I can't help much with the HMS interface itself, especially with version 3.2 since the latest version WMS currently supports is HMS 3.1.0.

maybe you might should check the Date & Time & number format in your computer? It should be in English (US) format..

*Oh no I didn't realize that this thread had been posted years ago... :D