Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saubhagya Singh

MT3D Simulation Crashes

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am simulating a confined aquifer problem. My cell size in the grid is 1m by 0.5m. When I run MT3D simulation, it get crashed before completion. Please let me know what can be the reasons to it and what changes should I consider making in my model. I have attached the picture of simulation progress window.

Thank You

error.PNG

Edited by Saubhagya Singh

Check the text output file from MT3D there is usually a clue to what the problem is at the bottom of the file.

Thanks Alan for the help. I checked output file of MT3D as suggested by you but couldn't find any clue at the bottom of the file. I have provided link to the file here below (upload restriction due to size limit). If possible, please have a look and guide me how to debug my model.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw8D5CrEtgA-WGdvNmpkcll6TVE/view?usp=sharing

Thank You

Sincerely

Saubhagya

Edited by Saubhagya Singh

Also, I have attached picture showing settings of my GCG solver

Capture.PNG

Since the model begins to run fine and there is nothing in the output file that indicates a problem with the inputs, at this point I am assuming that the input files are ok and there may be a bug in the MT3D code (memory issue or something). So you have a few options

1- contact support@aquaveo.com and the support team will take a look at your model to see if they can see any problem

2 - contact the MT3D author and see if he will look at this for you

3 - get the mt3d code (you can get it from our support team), compile it, and debug the issue