GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Tammy

Modflow river sources/sinks values

I apologize, but I am new to GMS and relatively new to Modflow.  I have a two layer model with glacial till on top of a bedrock layer for a large watershed.  

I have my rivers as a polygon shapefile with the data as attributes. Each cell has one polygon associated with it since I intersected my modflow grid and ID each river segment by the cell number (see image right side:  Top elevation = surface elevation attribute, riverbed elevation= thalwegM_1, and bottom of grid cell is the berktop attribute, and starting head = StartHead1)

I import this into the conceptual model where I have one line for each polygon.  I understand that GMS will multiple my conductance value by the area within each cell.  However, when I map this to modflow, I have multiple lines per grid cell in the River sources and sinks.  Can anyone explain to me where these values are all coming from?  (see image left side)  
I think that they are coming from each effected side of the grid cell?  In this example cell, I don't know where the last line is coming from.  The stage and elevation are much lower and the conductance is so much higher.

Thank you anyone for the clarification! 

Tammy

riverSS.jpg

Based on your picture it looks like you have at least 2 river arcs in each cell so that is where 2 of the 3 river bcs are coming from. The third might be a small intersection from one of the adjacent cell rivers.

Thanks Alan,

I just can't figure out where the strange values came from.  I imported the rivers as polygons, but maybe I should calculate the area outside of GMS and import the rivers all as arcs.....

My mistake, from looking at the picture I was thinking that you had 2 river arcs in each cell. I don't think I can diagnose the problem from the description and the pictures here. I recommend contacting support@aquaveo.com so we can take a look at your files see what is going on.