Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan Lemon

MT3DMS TOB Package enhancement

6 posts in this topic

One additional item that would really improve how TOBS works in GMS: Add the well id to the comment lines in the header of the TOBS input file. For example, the input of *.tob files is shown below. The POINT 1 refers to the first monitoring well in the coverage and "conc0" is assigned as the name (presumably so as not to have any invalid characters or spaces).

# TOBS package input file (GMS - 6.0)

#GMSCOMMENT 1bef6b22-ea40-4722-8952-20a675a4cc41 POINT 1 280.0 615.0 conc0

#GMSCOMMENT 1bef6b22-ea40-4722-8952-20a675a4cc41 POINT 1 280.0 615.0 obs1

#GMSCOMMENT 1bef6b22-ea40-4722-8952-20a675a4cc41 POINT 1 280.0 615.0 obs2

Alan -

Has there been any consideration given to adding the above features?  I'm not sure how folks are doing solute transport calibration without use of the TOBS package and the output it provides.  These would be two very helpful enhancements.  

- Rich

It is still on our "TODO" list; however, it has not risen up to where we have starting working on it yet. Also, as far as I am aware, we have not had other users request this feature.

Alan,

Thanks for the update.    I have a feeling this package isn't being used by that many GMS users, especially since GMS can do some of what TOBS can do through the concentration observation coverage.   Also, thanks for your help with the TOBS elapsed time issue.  It was much appreciated!

- Rich

The iConcINTP variable has been implemented. The name of the point has also been added to the comment section of the TOB file. Both of these have been implemented in the development version and will be in the next version of GMS.