GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
olidaf

error reading Ba6 file

Hi

Since I changed to USB 6.5 version, I keep on having problems with running Modflow. I often get the 'error reading Ba6 file'. This happens while opening older sucesfully ran models. Anybody knows how this can be solved? This is a real problem as I am using a network version 6.0 also, and know I also have the same problems in 6.0.

regards

Olivier

Belgium

Hi

Since I changed to USB 6.5 version, I keep on having problems with running Modflow. I often get the 'error reading Ba6 file'. This happens while opening older sucesfully ran models. Anybody knows how this can be solved? This is a real problem as I am using a network version 6.0 also, and know I also have the same problems in 6.0.

regards

Olivier

Belgium

GMS 6.0 writes MODFLOW files in ASCII format, but GMS 6.5 writes MODFLOW files in HDF5 format. Here's how you can run the GMS 6.5 files in GMS 6.0. In GMS 6.5 in the 3D Grid Module, select MODFLOW|Export Native MF2K Text... In the window that opens, select the MODFLOW name file for the project that you want to convert back to ASCII format to run in GMS 6.0. A DOS prompt should appear showing the creation of the MODFLOW files. If the DOS prompt doesn't appear, go to Edit|Preferences, and in the model tab set the Gms2Mf2k executable to the correct location. After the files have been created, exit the DOS prompt and the MODFLOW files in ASCII format will be located in a new folder called Out_Mf2k (or something like that). This new folder will be located in the same directory as the name file you selected. In GMS 6.0, open the name file found in the Out_Mf2k folder, and then you should be able to run MODFLOW.