GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
tjdemunda

GENESIS problems

I am attempting to make a GENESIS model run (using STWAVE as the wave model), and I have used the tutorial as a guide in setting it up. I have several issues.

1. Even after saving, if I close SMS and reopen the project, the 1D grid is gone.

2. When I attempt to 'Save GENESIS', it asks me to 'please choose the height function'. If I cancel, it appears to save. If I accept anything, SMS crashes. What is SMS asking for?

3. When I try to run GENESIS, it tells me 'Configuration file not targeted for GENESIS' and stops running.

I think these may all be related to saving the project properly (as in #2). Please help!

It sounds like you may have found an issue in SMS.

Please contact technical support and send them your files, specifically the files that are not reading/writing correctly and cause the save crash.

Thank you

Please I have the same problem with Genesis model run , it tells me 'Configuration file not targeted for GENESIS' and stops running

so whats's the solution ?

Thanks

Nabila

I am attempting to make a GENESIS model run (using STWAVE as the wave model), and I have used the tutorial as a guide in setting it up. I have several issues.

1. Even after saving, if I close SMS and reopen the project, the 1D grid is gone.

2. When I attempt to 'Save GENESIS', it asks me to 'please choose the height function'. If I cancel, it appears to save. If I accept anything, SMS crashes. What is SMS asking for?

3. When I try to run GENESIS, it tells me 'Configuration file not targeted for GENESIS' and stops running.

I think these may all be related to saving the project properly (as in #2). Please help!

GENESIS is currently not a supported model. Alan Zundel is willing to take a look at your files and see if he can get them working for you. Please contact Technical Support and tell them Alan Zundel requested your files.

- John