StefanD

Interpolate raster to MODFLOW layer

7 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I'm trying to interpolate a raster to the RCH MODFLOW layer. The raster file, a GeoTiff contains the recharge values and is displayed correctly in GMS.

Using Interpolate to -> MODFLOW Layer... i mapped the raster to the MODFLOW Recharge data and press OK, but checking the MODFLOW RCH package revevals that the data is not entered there.

It works fine when I convert the raster first using Convert to -> 2D Scatter and interpolate the resulting 2D Scatter Data to the MODFLOW RCH layer.

Any comments about that behaviour?

Cheers,

Stefan

I was able to reproduce the problem with a simple case. I will report a bug and add a test to our testing suite for this particular feature.

I will try to remember to post a response here when the bug is fixed. Once that happens if you go to the GMS download area you will see that we post a nightly build. If you don't want to wait for the "official" update to GMS you can get that version.

Turned out to be a fairly easy fix. So it will be in the next nightly build as well as the next "official" GMS update.

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately my license expired on January 31th so I'm not able to use the nighly build but I just requested a maintenance update.

I had the same problem, so I am so glad to learn that it's been resolved. I will download the newest release and check out.

I also have an image for nitrate concentrations. Is there a way to interpolate that to MT3DMS? I am thinking of a workaround where I interpolate the image into recharge then copy the recharge data to the clipboard and past in the concentration grid. But I think GMS should enable direct interpolation from raster/image to MT3DMS.

Downloaded the latest nightly build. Raster interpolation to RCH works fine.

Unfortunately, we don't have an Interpolate to MT3D yet so for now that work around that you describe above would work.