GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LisaWade

Mis-reading Date/Time stamps

Hi folks,

I am in the USA and we write our date/time in the format of "Month/Day/Year Hour:Minute:Second AM". I built an HMS model in WMS in the USA. I have imported precipitation time series and linked them to gages. I sent over the WMS files to our partners in Morocco. They open up the precipitation time series and the values are all scrambled up. My best guess is that the date/time stamp is being incorrectly interpreted as "Day/Month/Year". To test the idea, I switched my "Region and Language" setting on my computer to be "dd-MMM-yy". Sure enough, when I open up WMS and open up the files, I get the same scrambled time series. Is there a way to tell WMS to unscramble the time series?

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa,

WMS does not currently have a way around this problem other than setting your computer's date/time settings to the appropriate settings. I think the solution is to have the WMS users in Morocco change their date/time format to mm/dd/yyyy when they're using WMS with the input files made on your computer, maybe whenever they're using WMS. It their computer's date/time settings are always set to the same settings as yours, there should not be a problem. WMS should also be able to handle reading/writing files if their date/time settings are set to dd/mm/yyyy, the only problem would occur if the files are transferred between computers.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Chris