GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
long

MODFLOW-2005 "terminated with error" without steady-state check box

I still do transient calibration of my model in V10.0.3. I got a problem that I can't understand. I setup the model with MODFLOW-2005 from beginning and SAMG solver. Steady-state calibration was done very good. But when I run transient model without check steady-state option for the first stress-period in Global Options/stress-periods control windows then program always report "MODFLOW terminated with error!". This report appear even I changed solvers, changed parameter of solver, fix all check model error, change back to v9.2.9... And my model can only run till the end with check steady-state option for the first stress-period in Global Options/ stress-periods control windows. With this option then my model will show not right results and I don't like this.

I already find out the way to solve this problem is turn MODFLOW version to 2000 and the model can run till the end without error, without check steady-state option for first stress-period.

I don't know this is a serious bug of program or my model give this error? And I would like to used MODFLOW-2005.

Can anyone in dev team check for this problem?

Thank very much.

My first thought is to wonder if, when you ran it without the steady-state option on in the first stress period, did you copy the head solution from the steady-state run into the starting heads of the transient model? If so, the results should be about the same.

Thank you for reply my question.

There are some reason that I can't use head solution in steady-state calibration to transient model. My model is simulation an area that combination of large pumping area and nature state area. Our observation system was established far from when we starting pumping. From beginning of transient model I would like to continue simulation the development of water head that I interpolated from observation data. With this reason, the results will not the same.

Thank very much.