GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bozorg

physiographical questions

Hello ;

I'd appreciate it if some one could clarify the followings:

1-what is the 'AdjSlope' & how it is calculated in WMS.

2-Every now & then, I get a 'Sinuosity Factor' smaller than ONE for some subbasins,

when deploying SRTM_v3(2006),90-m DEM. Could that be due to the scale of the DEM?

3-What's a basin shape factor ,'Shapefact' ; is it the same as the so-called 'Compactness/Gravillious Coeff.' ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

MBz.

Hello ;

I'd appreciate it if some one could clarify the followings:

1-what is the 'AdjSlope' & how it is calculated in WMS.

2-Every now & then, I get a 'Sinuosity Factor' smaller than ONE for some subbasins,

when deploying SRTM_v3(2006),90-m DEM. Could that be due to the scale of the DEM?

3-What's a basin shape factor ,'Shapefact' ; is it the same as the so-called 'Compactness/Gravillious Coeff.' ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

MBz.

1. The "adjslope" or adjusted slope is a value based on the maximum flow distance slope that is computed for some Time of Concentration calculations used in Maricopa County, Arizona. It's computed based on a 7th-degree polynomial equation from the original slope. If the slope in feet/mile is greater than 313, it's out of range and the value is just set to 313.

2. The sinuosity factor is computed as the maximum stream length / basin length.

3. The shape factor is computed as the (basin length)^2 / basin area.

1. The "adjslope" or adjusted slope is a value based on the maximum flow distance slope that is computed for some Time of Concentration calculations used in Maricopa County, Arizona. It's computed based on a 7th-degree polynomial equation from the original slope. If the slope in feet/mile is greater than 313, it's out of range and the value is just set to 313.

2. The sinuosity factor is computed as the maximum stream length / basin length.

3. The shape factor is computed as the (basin length)^2 / basin area.

Hello Chris ;

Thanks a lot, for your clarifing note.

MBz.