GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
walkington

Weirs in ADICRC

Hi,

I am using weirs a lot in my modelling and there is one thing that I think would be useful if you could change. When there are an unequal number of nodes in the pair of nodestrings selected to use as a weir boundary condition the program crashes when exiting the window to set boundary conditions. It would be nicer if it just ignored the data that had been entered and told you that you had a different number of nodes, or else checked that before you were allowed to enter weir info.

Just would be helpful to me as it took me an afternoon of lost work to figure out why it kept on crashing :(

Thanks

Ian

I'm sorry about the error and your lost time in figuring out what led to it. Thank you very much for taking the time to report this.

I have submitted this as a bug in our system and I anticipate that it will be fixed in the June release of SMS 10.0.

Hi,

I am using weirs a lot in my modelling and there is one thing that I think would be useful if you could change. When there are an unequal number of nodes in the pair of nodestrings selected to use as a weir boundary condition the program crashes when exiting the window to set boundary conditions. It would be nicer if it just ignored the data that had been entered and told you that you had a different number of nodes, or else checked that before you were allowed to enter weir info.

Just would be helpful to me as it took me an afternoon of lost work to figure out why it kept on crashing :(

Thanks

Ian