GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WildCat

Error when read point dataset in arcMap after it is saved as shape file

In TABS, I Save As the shape file after the caculation. and when i used arcMap to open the point, line,poly and contour features, the later 3 file can be displayed fine,but to point file ,a message box told me that "Numbers of shapes does not match the number of table records". so,it doesn't display point shape.

Why? and What shall I do so that the node info can be exported as shape file ?

Thank u....

I was unable to reproduce this problem. What version of SMS are you using?

Also, this is exporting feature points rather than node locations/data which doesn't sound like what you want.

One thing you might want to do is to do save as and choose tabular data file. You can export the node locations and associated scalar values. This will create a generic ASCII file that can be read into another program.

In TABS, I Save As the shape file after the caculation. and when i used arcMap to open the point, line,poly and contour features, the later 3 file can be displayed fine,but to point file ,a message box told me that "Numbers of shapes does not match the number of table records". so,it doesn't display point shape.

Why? and What shall I do so that the node info can be exported as shape file ?

Thank u....