walkington

Convert Mesh to Scatter Set v11.1.6 64bit

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Having just updated to this version I first want to say thanks for fixing the tidal data input issue, it has helped make my life, and a student's of mine, easier. However I have just tried to convert a mesh data set to a scatter set so that I can use this run to provide boundary conditions to a smaller model and found that for some reason the conversion routine now only converts the elevation dataset and the first dataset in the harmonic datasets file.

There also seems to be an issue with the reading of the datasets from the fort.53 file. Although the range changes in the legend the numbers actually plotted are only the M2 values. This may of course be the reason why the scatter set conversion isn't working. Has there been an update to the fort.53 file format any time recently? I am using v46.19 of adcirc:)

Thanks

Ian

Edited by walkington

Ian,

I have not heard of this issue before. I will investigate and get back to you.

Alan

Ian,

I have not yet been able to reproduce your error. When you import the fort.53, are you importing any other ADCIRC solution files at the same time? How many constituents have you included in the harmonic run?

Alan

Hi Alan,

I am importing 5 constituents and only the fort.53 file. It seems that when I load it in I can see the phase data correctly for the final constituent. In fact I can only see this data until I select the first dataset in the Harmonics section and then that is the only dataset I can see. I could upload the 2 files if you want, but the grid file is 10MB and the 53 file is 35MB.

Thanks

Ian