GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
iskra

RMA4 - outfall at the middle of the bay

Hi experienced modellers,

My wastewater outfall is located in the middle of the bay. I am trying to assign the RMA2 / RMA4 boundary conditions to the nodestream in the middle of the bay but the model complaines “Selected string(s) not boundary string(s)“. When I place the outfall on the shore, everthing works fine.

Question: are there any ways (tricks) to have an outfall in the middel of the bay (i.e. not on the mesh boundary)?

Many thanks,

Igor

Thank you very much Alan. The point source seems work fine. Hurray!

The only thing I am strugling with is that I can not assign flow (RMA2 boundary conditon) to the point. Is it any way to assign a flow from a pipe, not just concentration?

Thank you very much for you time.

Igor

Thank you very much Alan. The point source seems work fine. Hurray!

The only thing I am strugling with is that I can not assign flow (RMA2 boundary conditon) to the point. Is it any way to assign a flow from a pipe, not just concentration?

Thank you very much for you time.

Igor

Not sure about definition by node (point) but you could read from RMA2 users guide about BQ and BC (especially BQN and BCN). I normally use discharge and load by elements (BQE in RMA2 and BLE in RMA4).

According to the guide: BCN node_num 11000 1.1 1.2

should define x-vel=1,1 and y-vel=1.2 to node_num, but like I said, I haven't tested. Anyway, for loads, the element approach is more understandable. You will propably need to add these BCN etc lines to your .bc (and .trn) files with notepad or similar editor. At least this is the case for older SMS versions, which do not allow defining all of these boundary conditions from within SMS.

best regards,

heimo

Edited by heimo

Thank you very much Heimo,

I have no problem assigning the concentration to the point using

BCN node# concentration

I have problem assigning flow to a non-boundary point of the mesh. The model seems does not exept it.

Igor

Edited by iskra

Well, I was talking about RMA2 when I said BC - not RMA4. Did you check the users manual? I would advice you to read about the use of cards BC and BQ from 'RMA2 Users Guide'