GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Alimasria

Transform wave data from certain depth to my boundary

Dear all

This is my first participation in the forum. I hope you all good health and best wishes.

I want to transform wave data at depth 18 m to my boundary at 10 m . Is there any tool of your coastal tools perform this?

Deep thanks

There are several options. CMS-Wave and STWAVE would be the first that come to mind. Are you looking for a spectral tranformation over 2D space or something more simplistic?

I will use CMS- wave since our Faculty purchased the package of CMS . But the wave gague is out of my domain. So, the question is how to transfer the wave data to offshore boundary first. then I know by assigning the offshore boundary, then it can be propagated to nearshore zone.

There are several utilities to transform waves as you are requesting. Currently in SMS, these are all associated with specific engines.

The developers of CMS-Wave, STWAVE and CGWAVE all have utilities to transform the wave conditions to a specified offshore depth. These can be provided in source code format if you want.

The SMS developers are considering adding links to such tools inside the system, but they are not there as stand alone options yet.