GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
drewa

CE-QUAL-W2 bathymetry widths

Is there a way to reduce the minimum width that WMS resolves for each layer for CE-QUAL-W2? I have a stream with low flows and need to resolve those widths well (we've put in quite a bit of effort to get a good GIS coverage of the thalwag). Right now, the smallest width that WMS outputs in the bth_wb1.npt file is 5 m, regardless of the layer thickness.

Thanks

drew

Drew,

Currently, 5 m is the minimum layer width computed by WMS. I will add a feature request to add an option to set the minimum computed layer width in the CE-QUAL-W2 layer editor dialog. This feature will probably be available in the next release of WMS 9.1.

Chris

Drew,

It will probably be sometime around the middle of next month. We are working on getting a nightly build out to people that has not been tested as thoroughly as the regular builds, but this is not yet available on our web site. Hopefully this works for you.

Chris

Chris,

One other thing that would be VERY useful is to be able to use a stream shape file to define stream lengths for each CE-QUAL-W2 segment. Right now, I can import shape files and define them as branches and segments just fine. I then have to go in and define the segment length by clicking along the stream shape file. It would be great if we could just intersect the stream shape file with the segment coverage. Maybe there is already a way to do that but I haven't discovered it yet.

Thanks again and I look forward to the next release.

drew

Drew,

There is currently no way to use a shapefile polyline or an arc to define the segment lengths for CE-QUAL-W2. I will add this to our backlog of feature requests.

Chris

Drew,

I added the option to edit the minimum layer width. The option is available as an edit field in the CEQUAL-W2 layer editor. This option will be available in the next update to WMS 9.1, which will be released in about a week.

Thanks,

Chris