GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

How to make a new mesh passing existing position-fixed node?

Kai Li

Hi,

Do anybody know how to make a new mesh passing existing position-fixed node in paving density mode? I want to set several nodes manually inside the mesh.

For example, I want to set several nodes fixed above some underwater structures.

Thanks!

Kai,

If you are using paving, just point feature points inside the polygon and SMS will create mesh nodes at the feature points. If you make those feature points "refine points" you specify an element size for the elements attached to the point. The resulting mesh tends to be a smoother transition if they are refine points.

Alan

Kai,

If you are using paving, just point feature points inside the polygon and SMS will create mesh nodes at the feature points. If you make those feature points "refine points" you specify an element size for the elements attached to the point. The resulting mesh tends to be a smoother transition if they are refine points.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Sorry for misunderstanding. I'm not using "paving" mode, I'm using "scalar paving density" mode. But I've tried what you say and it also works for me.

Thanks!

Archived