GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
houshang

error in run of modflow

Dear all,

I have started a Modflow model with conceptual approach with 3D grid with 3 layer.

before to run a model , the model checker dose not find any error but when I run the model, this error "Divided by 0 in SIP at layer 3, row 35, column 125" appears.

how can I fix it?

thanks a lot

Edited by houshang

I have seen this happen when cells start to go dry using the SIP solver. Try using the PCG solver instead of SIP. If that doesn't help you may have an unstable problem and need to adjust more of the parameters associated with the solver.

Thank you sir

your suggestion was very helpful and my model was ran but now I have another problem.

there is a huge difference between my input discharge data with the discharge that flow budget shows. I am surprised why it is happened

actually flow budget shows about 50 to 80 percent of my input data and in any situation it vary.

in my case

real discharge from wells = -1085621 in flow budget discharge from wells = -642464

Sounds like you need to adjust your solver parameters so that the flow budget error will be smaller. Look at the MODFLOW documentation to see which variable in your solver needs to be adjusted.