Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
long

RMS problem with dry cells and MODFLOW 2005.

2 posts in this topic

I setup 1 model using MODFLOW 2005 in GMS 8.2.4 64bit. There is one thing very strange and I don't know it was a bug or it a feature of MODFLOW 2005?

There problem it when I run the model in steady state condition and some cells on fist layer was dry. I also have some observation boreholes on that layer. But in the end, head of dry cells was set -777 and the program still calculation errors of observation boreholes was set on these dry cells. Then RMS error was very high.

I try to change to MODFLOW 2000 with everything same with old one. And this problem was not appear. RMS error was low enough and observation data in dry cells was skip when program calculation.

I am very confuse! I don't understand what going on here?

P/S: problem is the same with x32 edition.

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am not sure what might be causing the discrepancy between MODFLOW 2000 and MODFLOW 2005. Could you please upload files with which the issue can be reproduced to our FTP site by following the steps below so we can look into the issue?

1. Create a new folder with a unique name on your computer and copy all of your project files into it. (please zip up the folder)

2. Open windows explorer (My Computer).

3. Enter "ftp://pubftp.aquaveo.com/incoming/" in the address bar.

4. (If the "Log On As" dialog box appears) check the box labeled "Log on anonymously" and click "Log On".

5. Copy the folder with your project files in it into the "incoming" folder.

6. Send an e-mail to support@aquaveo.com telling us the name of the folder you uploaded and exact steps taken to produce the problem.

*Please help us stay organized by putting all of your files in a single folder before you upload them. After you upload the files, you will not be able to edit them.