GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Prater

selecting which side is land...

Hi all,

Well, I now have a .cst and a .pts file that the ADCIRC model type seems to recognize. I am following the "ADCIRC Analysis" tutorial guide and have gotten to section 2.1, where I define the domain. However, the program makes my newly created ocean boundary arc on the land side of my coastline, and not on the ocean side. How do I let SMS know that it needs to flop it over? In fact, for the tutorial example, how did SMS know that the ocean was to the south of Shinnecock Inlet, and not to the north? When I read in my "shoals" .pts file it might be obvious, but that is a later step in the tutorial (section 4).

Thanks,

-- Mark

Ahh... I see from the <http://www.xmswiki.com/index.php?title=SMS:Define_Domain_(Feature_Objects_Menu)> page some small arrows pointing down the coastline figures. I swapped the sequence of my coastline points, and the semi-circular arc flopped over accordingly.

I have found out that there is a lot of information buried on those wiki pages, but in a very non-linear and non-sequential manner. Sigh...

-- Mark

Mark,

You may also try using the Reverse Arc Direction command. You can get to it from the Feature objects menu or by right clicking when you have a feature arc selected.

http://www.xmswiki.com/index.php?title=SMS...#Related_Topics