Jump to content
GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave72

Bug: updating the drainage units to feature polygons

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have a bug that may have been introduced when either

-following the tutorial "Volume2, sections 2.2.6 and 2.2.7" in order to add stream arcs, define basins, and compute basin data.

-Or more likely, changing the autocad information in the file. Essentially swapping out an old bloated file with a new file containing additional information I need. The new information is significantly smaller in size (3mb vs. 25mb).

Essentially the load times have increased exponentially. Where I used to get about 20 second load times, I am now looking at 5 minute load times unless it freezes. The loading stage it is stuck on is "updating the drainage units to feature polygons". It stalls at 75%.

I am using the tutorials on my own watershed data (based of autocad contours).

If this is not a known bug and the info above is a little light, I may be able to provide additional info.

Thanks,

Dave

P.S., as I type this, another file is stuck on "Deleting trianges 0%" but just finished loading at about 5 minutes. However, I am now looking at a grey screen with only a basin id showing (and its associated information like basin are and slope). The program is frozen at this point.

Edited by Dave72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave,

Sorry I have not responded until now. I used to get daily emails related to posts on the forum, but the emails have stopped coming for some reason.

If you have not already done so, you should contact tech support about your problem and describe your problem to them in detail. They will need your files and steps you are using to duplicate your problem. More information about how to contact them is available on Aquaveo's web site at http://www.aquaveo.com/technical-support. Also, it would be helpful, if your maintenance is up-to-date, to upgrade to the most current version of WMS 8.4 or 9.0. Both of these versions have some bug fixes that may or may not fix your problem. In either case, using the most recent version is always a good idea. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again Chris,

I actually solved this problem last month but became occupied with another project and had to put the WMS work quickly aside. In the meantime I've become foggy on what exactly was causing the issue but have a feeling it was due to not removing the TIN data before working on the above steps. I'm back at WMS again and will try to report back exactly what the issue was.

Thanks,

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave,

It is difficult to say what is causing the problem without having some example files. The best way to resolve your problems is to contact Aquaveo's Tech Support department. Information about contacting them is located here:

http://www.aquaveo.com/technical-support

Be sure to let them know which version of WMS you are using. Also, Aquaveo offers training courses that will help you use WMS more efficiently. These courses occur at various times in various places. A list of training courses is located on the following web page:

http://www.aquaveo.com/training-courses

It would be helpful if you could post information about how you resolved your problem after contacting tech support.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...