rdhotelans

incompatibility between versions 4.0 and 6.5

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm a new GMS user. I'm working on a model developped on GMS 4.0;

I'm now using the GMS version 6.5, and i d'like to be sure that the errors that modflow is showing are not due to a problem of incompatibility between the versions 6.5 and 4.0 ?

After the running of MODFLOW, the following message error appear: "error reading eo** " (non sens characters), and after clicking OK, a new message error appears : " premature end of file "name of my file".CCF " .

Thank you for your help

Raoul

Sounds like the MODFLOW model may not have converged. See if running the model checker helps point to any problems.

ok, thank you for your answer, don't you think that an incompatibility is possible between version 4.0 and 6.5?

There could be some incompatibility between 4 and 6.5. However, the error message that you reference seems to refer to GMS trying to read in the CCF file that you just created by running MODFLOW. That is why I asked to check if there were any errors reported by the model checker.

Dear Alan,

I have also encountered with the same error " Model.hed. File formatted incorrectly" and "Premature end of file.ccf " .

I am using GMS 10.0 Version.

To my knowledge I have entered correct input data.

Can you please help me in sorting out this issue ?

Thank you.

If you open the *.out file for the MODFLOW simulation can you tell if MODFLOW terminated successfully?

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your quick response.

As u mentioned I have checked *.out file, MODFLOW did not get terminated successfully.

Last line of the output file is " SOLUTION DIDNOT CONVERGE FOR HEADS ".

While checking the simulation I have encountered with the error " Starting heads lower than bottom elevation" . I have solved that error by making IBOUND values inactive for those cells. Now there are no errors after I run "check simulation".

I used PCG solver, increased iterations to 100, 500 and 1000. But every time it ends up giving the same error.

Mapping of data (elevations, starting heads) to MODFLOW layers has been done correctly.

I am not able to understand where the error is there in my model.

Thank you.

Edited by Devika
Forgot to make the query in detail before editting.