GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
matevz

Hardlock problem

Hi,

we just got GMS 6.5 Modflow software package with hardlock key. When i install it and the hardlock driver it goes without any problems untill

I start the software. I still get a dialog saying Demo mode or Register. I click register and choose Single user hardware lock. After that i get a message :

Number of hardware locks found : 1

Hit finish to continue, or retry.

But after that the sofware still runs in Demo mode.

Why?

Thanks, matevz

matevz,

I went through the same thing the other day. Ireceived the hardware lock with no instructions and tried installing the drivers on the v6.5 CD (but had a feeling they were the old ones for the parallel port hardware lock). Sure enough, the USB hardware lock didn't work. I went to the EMS-I site, clicked on technical support and got to the following page which walked me right through things (there is a different driver installation file which is not on the CD). Also, if you download the latest build of v6.5, I think it now automatically walks you through the same thing.

http://www.aquaveo.com/technical-support/h...hardware-locks/

Sean

Hi,

I installed the latest driver...7.4.2 vfersion. Tamara form supportsupport.com told me to. Still the same. GMS finds it, but it still runs in demo mode.

dont know why! Does anyone has any other ideas?

thanks, m

I'll assume that you followed the following instructions:

"Next to the Sentinel Protection Server and Sentinel Keys Server options select the drop down menu and select "This feature will not be availible." A red "X" should then appear in front of these two options. The Parallel Driver and USB System Driver options should NOT show a red "X" in front of them. Now, select Next and Finish. (Follow these instructions exactly as this step is very important!) "

That was the key for me....

Hi,

i guess the problem was in X-es. I just instaled Typical version, which didn't work. Now it works.

Thank you, matevz