GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Nick C

Cross-Section Data from WMS to Hec-Ras

I have a project going where I have outline the banks of a stream, as well as the centerline. I then make cross sections and exctract the cross-sections. If I go into the cross-section attributes, I am able to see the prfile, correct cross-section information, and assigned to the proper reach.

When I export the file into Hec-Ras, all that transfers is my centerline data. No cross-section data is making it over. It says it canot find my cross-section .idx file. I have this file, and browse for it manually, but it still comes up with no cross-section data.

Nick

Edited by Nick C

Nick,

The best thing to do is to follow the HEC-RAS tutorial, where we describe the process of setting up an HEC-RAS model. This tutorial can be downloaded from the WMS learning center on Aquaveo's web site at:

http://www.aquaveo.com/wms-learning

If your cross sections are not exported to HEC-RAS, it could be because you added cross sections before creating your 1D Hydraulic Centerline coverage and the cross sections were not associated with the coverage. The easiest way to fix this problem is to go to the centerline coverage, select River Tools | Recompute All Stations, and then go to the Cross section coverage and select River Tools | Recompute All Stations. Then, select the cross section coverage and re-extract your cross sections to create a new cross section database (River Tools | Extract Cross Sections). Then, select your centerline coverage and select River Tools | Map->1D Schematic.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Chris