GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jdc

stwave nesting in SMS 10

I need some help on the process of setting up a nested grid for STWAVE in SMS v10.

I'm trying to build a nested STWAVE model run in SMS v10. i read on the wiki page http://www.xmswiki.com/index.php?title=SMS...t_Grid_(STWAVE) that I should be able to do nesting using the STWAVE --> Nest Grid option. however, no matter what i seem to do, the Nest Grid option remains grayed out.

I am able to manually create a coarse offshore grid, then create a fine nearshore grid. on the coarse grid, i set the cells just inside the nearshore grid's boundary cell attributes to "Nesting output". Then i can run STWAVE on the coarse grid, and get a file projectname__nest.h5. Then i open the nearshore grid in SMS and can import these nested spectra. Then i assign the boundary conditions along the offshore edge of the nested grid with the nested spectra. However, SMS assigns each cell's spectra as a time step instead of a single time step to be interpolated.

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Verify that your STWAVE Plane Mode is set to Half Plane and that each grid contains SQUARE cells.