GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mahmmoud_kham

error about reading some file

hi

how are all members

i want any one help me

coz i suffer from technical problem

when i try to make run for calculation it deliever error and say error in readinf .hed file

plz any one know help me

I assume you are trying to run MODFLOW. Sounds like the model did not converge. Run the model checker (MODFLOW | Model Checker...) to see if there are an obvious errors with your input.

Dear sir

I have also this problem and I have Run the model checker (MODFLOW | Model Checker...) . In this taske there is not any error or warning.

I don't know what I should do.

Best regards.

Houshang

It is important to keep in mind that the model checker only checks for obvious problems with the MODFLOW input. Running the model checker in GMS and not getting any errors does not ensure that the model will converge. There are many possible causes for the model not converging, so it is difficult to determine the cause without looking at the model. That being said, below are a few general troubleshooting ideas that might be helpful in achieving convergence in MODFLOW models:

• check model inputs for reasonableness
  • try running the model with different solvers. There are several solvers to choose from, and each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses. The default solver is the PCG2 solver, but you can try others to see if you can get the model to run. To switch solvers, select "MODFLOW | Global Options | Packages" and then select a different solver in the lower left area of the "MODFLOW Packages" dialog.
  • try changing the solver parameters
  • check the troubleshooting items for a model that is not converging can be found under item J of the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Online Guide to MODFLOW
  • deselect the "Enable saving of computed flows for all source/sink objects" option in the "MODFLOW | Output Control" window as this can sometimes cause problems

Thanks for your help.

i will try to do all ways that you have mentioned .