GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mmamobile

SEAM3D NAPL Point Sources

Hi,

I'm trying to do some simple hypothetical modeling using the SEAM3D NAPL dissolution package, and I'm encountering a memory issue when initializing NAPL source cells through the Point Source/Sink option. After highlighting the cells and entering the appropriate source information, I receive the following message:

"This machine does not have enough memory to continue this operation. Save your data and exit. (mtCellPointSourcSinkDialog)"

I'm using the 64-bit version of GMS V8.1 on a machine with 4GB of memory installed, and I seem to get this error regardless of the number of cells selected. With that in mind, I have to doubt it's a hardware issue.

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Sounds like a bug. We recently found and fixed a bug with SEAM3D and cell properties, but this sounds slightly different. I tried adding NAPL bcs with the tutorial data and it seemed to work for me. Could you send your files to and a list of steps to support@aquaveo.com and we will get it fixed.

Sounds like a bug. We recently found and fixed a bug with SEAM3D and cell properties, but this sounds slightly different. I tried adding NAPL bcs with the tutorial data and it seemed to work for me. Could you send your files to and a list of steps to support@aquaveo.com and we will get it fixed.

I actually found the issue was with NAPL source cells being co-located with MODFLOW constant head cells. Once I limited my cell selection to CHD-free cells, everything worked correctly.