Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
taoan

PTM and RMA2 with SMS10

3 posts in this topic

Dear Sirs,

I'm looking for some help tutorial to use RMA2 hydrodynamics solutions in PTM simulations.

I tryed to use the option Create input file from data in PTM model control to generate XMDF input file from RMA2. However when I start PTM run SMS shows the message: "Invalid XMDF path"

When I try to set the XMDF path in PTM model control, SMS shows a error message "Specified file does not contain valid data."

Please I'd appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks for attention

This error occurs because only one of the datasets is included in the exported h5 file. To fix this, select the velocity vector dataset in the project explorer, then press and hold the "Control" key on your keyboard while selecting the "water surface elevation" dataset, then right click on one of the datasets and select "Export Datasets". If you specify this dataset in the Files tab of the PTM Model Control the error will no longer appear.

I realize this is an old post, but it is not clear from the post whether this works. Based on personal experience I do not believe that this works. The error seems to be that neither the velocity nor the water surface elevation is written to the XMDF file.

I am currently still searching for a solution