GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
matevz

Problem with LEGEND in GMS 6.5 on Vista Business

Hi,

I have a problem with representation of legend in GMS. Al i ever get is some strange characters, which make no sense. I tried to change the fonts to all sort of types, but it doesn't help anything. See the attached picture to have a better clue. I am running Vista Business and GMS version 6.5.

Thank you, matevz

post-163-1208205419_thumb.jpg

matevz,

If you look a little further down the board (March 28), you'll see where I asked about this. GMS 6.0 and 6.5 are not Vista-compliant and some fonts do not show up correctly on the screen. I was told that the next version will be Vista-compliant. To get the legend to display correctly, you will have to load it up on a non-Vista computer.

Thanks for the info Sean,

but this is a real problem. Are there any other known problems with GMS 6.5 on Vista, besides labels?

thanky you.

Hi,

and controur legend. So basicaly everthing that has something to do with fonts.

Are you maybe having some problems with arcs and point in map module? Because it seem like

i can't see them in display....

Do you know maybe when the new GMS is beeing released?

thanks,m

Not everything that has to do with fonts, but many items. It seems like it has to do with labels that users can't fully control with a background ("fill behind text"). For example, contour labels are fine and the user can select if the label will have a background or not. When you turn on a legend, that's it. It is on and you can't do anything with the font background. Same thing with items like borehole names.

I don't recall having any problems with arcs and points in the map module (I work on 2 different machines, one with Vista and one with XP - the one with Vista is at home right now, so I can't go in and look around). Maybe you just have them turned off in your display options??? Just guessing.

I have no idea when a Vista-compliant version will be released, but I'm under the assumption that it will be early 2009. Maybe one of the developers has a better answer.

Hi,

i saw yes, that the contours labels are ok.

So as i understand you work on Win XP? But all other things seem to be ok on Vista? With that i mean mainly the calculations.

thank you for now....

matevz

Great...than it not such a big deal. Hopefully they will release new GMS soon and it would be fair of them, that for the customers who bought the GMS software after Vista was released, the upgrade would be free.

Thanks again.

m