GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Todd Wood

Export/save materials option

Include an option to export/save materials from the "Edit | Materials" window. The user who suggested this to us asked: "Is there a way to save the materials designations (by this I mean the name, color, pattern, and so forth of the soil units or horizons) so that these can easily be imported into a new project. I realize they are saved if I save the project I created them in, but I’d like to be able to just import this information if I create a new project rather than having to rebuild the designations."

• Like 2

You can save the materials to a project file that only has the materials information. Then in your "other" project you can read the "materials" project in and make sure to select the "import into current project" option in the Open dialog.

This has been implemented in the development branch of GMS and will be in the 9.1 release.

There is now an Export button in the Materials editor (Edit | Materials command). This will export a text file in the *.mat format. The material names, colors, patterns, and transparency are exported. This *.mat file can be imported by selecting the File | Open command.