GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Plec

Boudary Type

I'm trying to simulate a river in natural condition. For the downstream boundary I want to use a Normal Depth, entering the downstream slope. And for the upstream boundary a specified flow.

Did it is possible?

The check of the feswms model always says: "No head or water surface elevation boundary condition exists.

thanks,

Plec

I'm trying to simulate a river in natural condition. For the downstream boundary I want to use a Normal Depth, entering the downstream slope. And for the upstream boundary a specified flow.

Did it is possible?

The check of the feswms model always says: "No head or water surface elevation boundary condition exists.

thanks,

Plec

Plec,

The following link states the different types of BC's that can be used in FESWMS. You will want to use the Computed WSE option.

http://xmswiki.com/x..._BC_Nodestrings

Computed WSE

This is used to provide a rating curve (water surface vs flow) relationship to compute the downstream boundary condition. FESWMS can compute the rating curve using the friction slope option. Strangely enough FESWMS requires the user to provide flow information to use this option.

Cameron