GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
mjwoodbury

FESWMS error

Hey Folks,

I'm working with FESWMS in the 11.0 Beta. After running my steady state model for ten iterations the model finishes successfully and looks as though the solutions are ready for viewing. Immediately after the runtime dialog box closes another pops up stating "There are no valid time steps in the feswms solution file." After clicking OK the solutions are removed from the Project Explorer. This is followed by another dialog box "Unable to open the file. Unknown file syntax."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sounds like a bug. Can you get your files to our tech support staff? Their email is support@aquaveo.com.

Hey Folks,

I'm working with FESWMS in the 11.0 Beta. After running my steady state model for ten iterations the model finishes successfully and looks as though the solutions are ready for viewing. Immediately after the runtime dialog box closes another pops up stating "There are no valid time steps in the feswms solution file." After clicking OK the solutions are removed from the Project Explorer. This is followed by another dialog box "Unable to open the file. Unknown file syntax."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sounds like a bug. Can you get your files to our tech support staff? Their email is support@aquaveo.com.

Rusty,

Thanks for the response. I sent the files over. Here is the update on the situation: I am now working with a licensed feswms in SMS 10.1. I have been working on the same project files and the model was running fine. Eventually I started receiving the same error message. I am at a point in the model development where I am making slight alterations to the mesh and iteratively checking the sensitivity of the model to changes in parameters. When the message started coming up I returned to previous model control setup. Once the error message shows up it seems to stay regardless of the parameters used.

That's all I know at this point.