GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Wagner

FESWMS

I'm wondering if it's normal for nodestrings that I have set up as weirs to lose the weir properties every time I close SMS and re-open (as in leaving for the day and opening the next morning)?

Also have an issue with my SMS project having lost the mesh. When I open the project, the mesh does not open with it, although I've saved both the project and the mesh. Any ideas?

Thanks all,

Dan

Dan,

No this, is not normal. I am unable to reproduce this problem in SMS 10.1.11. I tried creating a nodestring and assigning weir parameters to it, then saving and reopening the project, and it saves the properties I entered. I also have not been able to reproduce the issue with the mesh not being saved when you reopen a project. If this issue is reproducible, would you mind uploading the files to our FTP site by following the instructions below so we can look into it further?

1. Create a new folder with a unique name on your computer and copy all of your project files into it. (please zip up the folder)

2. Open windows explorer (My Computer).

3. Enter "ftp://pubftp.aquaveo.com" in the address bar.

4. (If the "Log On As" dialog box appears) check the box labeled "Log on anonymously" and click "Log On".

5. Copy the folder with your project files in it into the "incoming" folder.

6. Send an e-mail to support@aquaveo.com telling us the name of the folder you uploaded and exact steps taken to produce the problem.

*Please help us stay organized by putting all of your files in a single folder before you upload them. After you upload them, you will not be able to edit them.

Dan,

No this, is not normal. I am unable to reproduce this problem in SMS 10.1.11. I tried creating a nodestring and assigning weir parameters to it, then saving and reopening the project, and it saves the properties I entered. I also have not been able to reproduce the issue with the mesh not being saved when you reopen a project. If this issue is reproducible, would you mind uploading the files to our FTP site by following the instructions below so we can look into it further?

1. Create a new folder with a unique name on your computer and copy all of your project files into it. (please zip up the folder)

4. (If the "Log On As" dialog box appears) check the box labeled "Log on anonymously" and click "Log On".

6. Send an e-mail to support@aquaveo.com telling us the name of the folder you uploaded and exact steps taken to produce the problem.

*Please help us stay organized by putting all of your files in a single folder before you upload them. After you upload them, you will not be able to edit them.

Todd-

Thanks. I'll upload the files for you in a folder "USGS_dwagner"

-Dan

Dan,

Todd,

I posted my zipped folder "USGS_dwagner"-as it was loading I realized I had the Mr. Sid background image in there. I canceled the transfer, tried to re-load with just the SMS project and 2d mesh files, but the server wouldn't grant permissions that time. If the files you need are in there, great; if not, the zipped folder can be deleted and I'll re-load without the large Mr. Sid image.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

I tried unzipping the "USGS_dwagner.zip" file, but it gave me an error that it was broken or that files were missing. I have deleted that zip file from our FTP site. Could you try uploading it again?